I had such a wonderful time filming with some of the funniest guys I know and my friends; Langston Belton, Nick Carillo, and Devin Heater.
These three are the creators and stars of G.U.S, an entirely improvised story of three men trapped in a Generic Underground Shelter after the apocalypse. If you are in the New York area and would like to see one of the best improv trios in New York City, you can find out all of their information on their Facebook and Twitter.
This episode I taught the boys how to make homemade tomato soup. Well. I tried to teach them.
This recipe is low calorie, dairy free, gluten free, and can be vegan if you substitute the chicken broth for vegetable broth!
And it is delicious!
4 Cups chicken broth
32 oz whole, peeled, canned tomatoes
2 medium, white onions, chopped
2 stalks of celery, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 tbl sp of butter
1 tsp thyme
1 tbl sp of EVOO
salt and pepper to taste
1. Over medium low heat, add your butter and your oil.
2. Add your onions and cook for 3 minutes, then add your garlic and your celery. Stirring frequently until soft.
3. Add your tomatoes, chicken broth, and seasonings.
4. Bring the heat down and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add your soup to your food processor to make it
6. Let cool and eat!